Jobs In Canada: How To migrate to Canada as a Truck Driver, Industrial Butcher or Nurse - Travel Abroad Visa

Jobs In Canada: How To migrate to Canada as a Truck Driver, Industrial Butcher or Nurse


Jobs In Canada: How To migrate to Canada as a Truck Driver, Industrial Butcher or Nurse

Eligibility criteria for intermediate-skilled workers – Atlantic Immigration Pilot
The Atlantic Immigration Pilot (AIP) has 3 programs:
Atlantic High-Skilled Program
Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program
Atlantic International Graduate Program

To apply for the Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program, you must:

1. Find out if you’re eligible Get a job offer Submit your application
Work experience
In the last 3 years, you must have worked at least 1,560 hours.
worked in 1 year if you worked 30 hours per week. Here is how to calculate your hours:
Count hours worked in part-time and full-time jobs. The hours must be in one occupation, but they can be with different employers. You must have been paid for these hours. Volunteering or unpaid internships don’t count. Don’t count hours when you were self-employed. These working hours can be inside or outside Canada. The hours must have been accumulated over a period of at least 12 months.

Any periods of self-employment will not be included when calculating the period of qualifying work experience.
You can use your work experience to qualify for the Atlantic Intermediate-Skilled Program in 2 different ways.

Option 1
You have work experience at National Occupational Classification (NOC) skill level C.
NOC skill level C is a type of job that usually requires a secondary (high school) education and/or job-specific training, such as:

industrial butchers
long-haul truck drivers
food and beverage servers
Option 2
You have work experience as one of the following:
as a registered nurse or registered psychiatric nurse (NOC skill level A 3012)
as a licensed practical nurse (NOC skill level B 3233)
You also have one of the following job offers:
a nurse’s aide, orderly or patient services associate (NOC skill level C 3413)
a home support worker (NOC skill level C 4412)

You must have 1 of the following:
a Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree from a recognized institution a foreign degree, diploma, or certificate equal to a Canadian credential. You need an educational credential assessment (ECA) report from a recognized organization to show your credential is valid and equal to a Canadian credential. If you already have an ECA report, it must be less than 5 years old when we receive your permanent resident application.

Language testing
You must take one of the language tests we approve. It will show you can communicate in English or French well enough to live and work in Canada.
Learn about language testing for the AIP.
If you have taken an approved test, you can send those results if they:
are less than 2 years old show you meet the level the program requires

Proof of funds
You need to have enough money to support yourself and your family when you get to Canada. The amount you need depends on the size of your family. The size of your family also includes anyone you support who isn’t immigrating with you.
If you’re already living and working in Canada with a valid work permit, you don’t need to show proof.

2. Get a Canada job offer
You must have a job offer that meets all of these requirements:
The job offer was made using the Offer of Employment to a Foreign National [IMM 5650] (PDF, 1.55 MB) form. The employer has been designated as an employer taking part in the AIP by the Atlantic province where you’ll be working (New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, or Prince Edward Island). They must have a Confirmation of Designation from the province. The job must be full-time, meaning you’ll work at least 30 paid hours per week. The job must be non-seasonal. In general, this means you have consistent and regularly scheduled paid employment throughout the year. The job is skill type/level 0, A, B or C under the NOC. Your employment is permanent, that is, there is no set end date.

You must meet employment requirements for the job you are offered. You can find these requirements in the NOC. The job doesn’t need to be in the same NOC as other jobs you’ve had.

3. Submit your Canada Job application
When you and the employer have completed all the steps, you can submit your permanent residence application.
Sponsored Links